The latest headlines from PayPal.
01 Dec 2020- More than a quarter of those starting their shopping early would prefer not to visit shops in person when they open
Dublin, 2nd December 2020 – New research from PayPal reveals that one third (33%) of Irish consumers are Christmas shopping earlier this year due to lockdown. This translates to approximately...
03 Nov 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced its third quarter results for the period ended September 30, 2020. The earnings release and related materials discussing these results can be...
21 Oct 2020Will enable cryptocurrency as a funding source for digital commerce at its 26 million merchants
The migration toward digital payments and digital representations of value continues to accelerate, driven by the COVID-19 pandemic and the increased interest in digital currencies from central...
20 Oct 2020- 76% of consumers bought products online during this period
- 76% of consumers bought products online during this period
- A third of people planning to buy more online going forward
- Top benefits of online shopping cited as home delivery availability and no queues, while 21% said payment security was a main advantage
- 59% of Irish people bought from international sellers during lockdown
23 Sep 2020Powered by Mastercard, PayPal launches its first business debit card in Ireland with unlimited cashback
- PayPal’s Irish business customers can spend money online or in-person at over 52 million Mastercard acceptance locations worldwide
- Unlimited 0.5% cash back on all eligible purchases
- No monthly fees and no foreign exchange fees
PayPal today announces the launch of its first Business Debit Mastercard in Ireland, offering business customers instant access to their available PayPal funds or PayPal balance for online and in-store business purchases. As part of the new service, PayPal is also offering unlimited cashback for Irish business account holders.
16 Jul 2020
- PayPal Giving Fund Ireland, a new registered charity, will help the fundraising efforts of charities and make giving easier for donors
- During the pandemic, four in five charity donations in Ireland were made online
- 68% of Irish consumers are planning to make online donations going forward
- A quarter of people in Ireland are engaging more in charity activities than before
- PayPal Giving Fund means 100% of donations go to selected cause
With PayPal’s support, PayPal Giving Fund Ireland is launching today to enable people to support their favourite charities online and help such organisations raise vital funds. In 2019 alone, PayPal processed a record $10.3 billion in charity donations across the globe, demonstrating the scale and appeal of online donations for both charities and consumers.
24 Jun 2020
- 81% believe supporting local economy is key to emerging from crisis
- 65% of Irish shoppers said cashless is important for them
- Some 1.9 million people do not want to use cash going forward
- More than two thirds of consumers are open to trying new contactless methods in stores
New research from PayPal, conducted by Ipsos and involving 2,000 consumers in Ireland, reveals that cashless will be crucial as Irish consumers look to support local businesses following the Covid-19 lockdown.
19 May 2020New In-App Feature Enables In-Person Payments in an era of Social Distancing
PayPal has today rolled out the ability to use QR Codes to buy and sell goods in Ireland and 27 other markets around the globe. From local takeaway coffee shops to selling secondhand goods - the rollout of the QR code functionality in the PayPal app allows customers to buy or sell in in-person, safely and securely, and touch free.
06 May 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2020. The earnings release and related materials discussing these results can be found...
04 May 2020Supporting a global day of unity on the 5th of May 2020, as part of our continued response to the global pandemic
Extending its long-standing relationship with GivingTuesday.org, PayPal has today announced it is supporting #GivingTuesdayNow, a new global day of giving and unity as an emergency response to the...