The latest headlines from PayPal.
- 31 Mar 2021- The organisations are collaborating together on a number of support programmes
Dublin, 31st March 2021 – PayPal today announces that it has been working with AkiDwA, an organisation which provides support services to and promotes equality for migrant women living and...
- 24 Mar 2021- Optimised PayPal business account with fully integrated payment methods and AI-supported fraud protection
Dublin, 24th March 2021 – PayPal today announces the launch of its PayPal Commerce Platform in Ireland. The new payments platform has been designed to give businesses access to a flexible,...
- 08 Mar 2021PayPal has agreed to acquire Curv, a leading provider of cloud-based infrastructure for digital asset security, to accelerate and expand its initiatives to support cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced that it has agreed to acquire Curv to accelerate and expand its initiatives to support cryptocurrencies and digital assets. Curv is a leading...
- 11 Feb 2021PayPal study reveals 88% of Irish consumers who shop online bought from international websites over the last year• Almost four in five of those who bought from websites outside of Ireland spent with UK retailers during this time
Dublin, 11th February 2021 – New research from PayPal reveals that 88% of Irish consumers who shop online bought something from a website outside of Ireland over the last year. The study,...
04 Feb 2021
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced its fourth quarter and full year 2020 results for the period ended December 31, 2020. The earnings release and related materials discussing...
- 01 Dec 2020- More than a quarter of those starting their shopping early would prefer not to visit shops in person when they open
Dublin, 2nd December 2020 – New research from PayPal reveals that one third (33%) of Irish consumers are Christmas shopping earlier this year due to lockdown. This translates to approximately...
03 Nov 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced its third quarter results for the period ended September 30, 2020. The earnings release and related materials discussing these results can be...
21 Oct 2020Will enable cryptocurrency as a funding source for digital commerce at its 26 million merchants
The migration toward digital payments and digital representations of value continues to accelerate, driven by the COVID-19 pandemic and the increased interest in digital currencies from central...
20 Oct 2020- 76% of consumers bought products online during this period
- 76% of consumers bought products online during this period
- A third of people planning to buy more online going forward
- Top benefits of online shopping cited as home delivery availability and no queues, while 21% said payment security was a main advantage
- 59% of Irish people bought from international sellers during lockdown
23 Sep 2020Powered by Mastercard, PayPal launches its first business debit card in Ireland with unlimited cashback
- PayPal’s Irish business customers can spend money online or in-person at over 52 million Mastercard acceptance locations worldwide
- Unlimited 0.5% cash back on all eligible purchases
- No monthly fees and no foreign exchange fees
PayPal today announces the launch of its first Business Debit Mastercard in Ireland, offering business customers instant access to their available PayPal funds or PayPal balance for online and in-store business purchases. As part of the new service, PayPal is also offering unlimited cashback for Irish business account holders.
16 Jul 2020
- PayPal Giving Fund Ireland, a new registered charity, will help the fundraising efforts of charities and make giving easier for donors
- During the pandemic, four in five charity donations in Ireland were made online
- 68% of Irish consumers are planning to make online donations going forward
- A quarter of people in Ireland are engaging more in charity activities than before
- PayPal Giving Fund means 100% of donations go to selected cause
With PayPal’s support, PayPal Giving Fund Ireland is launching today to enable people to support their favourite charities online and help such organisations raise vital funds. In 2019 alone, PayPal processed a record $10.3 billion in charity donations across the globe, demonstrating the scale and appeal of online donations for both charities and consumers.
- 24 Jun 2020
- 81% believe supporting local economy is key to emerging from crisis
- 65% of Irish shoppers said cashless is important for them
- Some 1.9 million people do not want to use cash going forward
- More than two thirds of consumers are open to trying new contactless methods in stores
New research from PayPal, conducted by Ipsos and involving 2,000 consumers in Ireland, reveals that cashless will be crucial as Irish consumers look to support local businesses following the Covid-19 lockdown.
19 May 2020New In-App Feature Enables In-Person Payments in an era of Social Distancing
PayPal has today rolled out the ability to use QR Codes to buy and sell goods in Ireland and 27 other markets around the globe. From local takeaway coffee shops to selling secondhand goods - the rollout of the QR code functionality in the PayPal app allows customers to buy or sell in in-person, safely and securely, and touch free.
06 May 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2020. The earnings release and related materials discussing these results can be found...
04 May 2020Supporting a global day of unity on the 5th of May 2020, as part of our continued response to the global pandemic
Extending its long-standing relationship with GivingTuesday.org, PayPal has today announced it is supporting #GivingTuesdayNow, a new global day of giving and unity as an emergency response to the...
- 27 Apr 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today released its third annual Global Impact Report, publishing its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategies and activities of its global...
23 Mar 2020A Message from PayPal’s President and CEO, Dan Schulman
This is an unprecedented time in our history. The COVID-19 pandemic is having an impact on the health of our loved ones, the businesses we rely upon, the health of the global economy, and the way...
27 Feb 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) has been carefully assessing the effect of COVID-19 as conditions continue to evolve. We are prioritizing the health and safety of our employees and supporting...
14 Feb 2020
- 35% of businesses currently accept social commerce, with a further 26% planning to accept it in 2020
- A third of social shoppers purchase via social platforms on weekly basis
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are most popular platforms for social shopping
- More than a third of consumers would not buy through social platforms, with security and trust the biggest concerns
According to PayPal’s Global mCommerce Report*, 61% of businesses are expected to embrace social commerce in 2020. The global survey, carried out by Ipsos for PayPal, involved 22,000 consumers and 4,602 businesses across the world.
- 29 Jan 2020Q4 2019 Revenue grew 17% to $4.96 billion; 18% FX-neutral revenue growth
Global technology platform and digital payments leader PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced fourth quarter and full year results for the period ended December 31, 2019. "PayPal...
16 Jan 2020Over $1 billion processed during holiday season and over $100 million processed on GivingTuesday
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced that it processed a record $10.3 billion in donations to charities around the world in 2019, and more than $1 billion in the month of December...
06 Jan 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) announced today that it has completed its acquisition of Honey Science Corporation for approximately $4 billion in cash. This transaction will transform the...
19 Dec 2019
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) announced today that it has completed its acquisition of a 70% equity interest in Guofubao Information Technology Co., Ltd. (GoPay), following approval of the...
- 20 Nov 2019Advances PayPal's leadership in digital commerce
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced that it has agreed to acquire Honey Science Corporation, a rapidly-growing technology platform for shopping and rewards, for approximately $4...
20 Nov 2019New PayPal research finds UK businesses going social – but are they moving quickly enough?
From firing out messages on Snapchat to sharing our lives on Facebook and Instagram, there’s no denying social media plays an ever-increasing role in our daily lives. Yet, according to new...