The latest headlines from PayPal.
14 Nov 2019People in Ireland remit more than $2.5 billion annually
PayPal today launched Xoom, its international money transfer service, in Ireland. It enables people in Ireland to quickly send money to, pay bills for and top up phones in more than 130 markets internationally.
01 Nov 2019
- Participating charities included Suicide or Survive, Educate Together, Home Education Network, Ruhama, The Sickle Cell Society and Zest4Kidz
- Employees from five different PayPal offices took part in the event
- Mental wellness app among solutions developed
For the fourth year running, PayPal teammates and charities joined forces to develop digital solutions and systems for their most pressing digital needs. In total, 24 people from five different PayPal offices – including Dublin, Dundalk, Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin – took part in the hackathon.
- 23 Oct 2019Revenue of $4.38 billion, growing 19%
Global technology platform and digital payments leader PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced third quarter results for the period ended September 30, 2019. "We had an excellent...
19 Sep 2019
- Cash and ‘old’ banking methods frustrate efforts to pay back family and friends
- Research reveals 300,000 people have fallen out with family and friends over unpaid debts
- PayPal’s Louise Phelan declares war on cash by scrapping fees for Euro transfers in Ireland
- PayPal has more than 1 million active accounts in Ireland
PayPal has scrapped its fees for Euro money transfers between friends and family in Ireland to encourage more consumers to turn away from cash and embrace faster mobile payments.
- 15 Jul 2019
Today, PayPal launched Xoom—its international money transfer service—in 32 markets1 across Europe. People in these markets can now use Xoom to quickly send money, pay bills or top up phones to more th...