The latest headlines from PayPal.
16 Jul 2020
- PayPal Giving Fund Ireland, a new registered charity, will help the fundraising efforts of charities and make giving easier for donors
- During the pandemic, four in five charity donations in Ireland were made online
- 68% of Irish consumers are planning to make online donations going forward
- A quarter of people in Ireland are engaging more in charity activities than before
- PayPal Giving Fund means 100% of donations go to selected cause
With PayPal’s support, PayPal Giving Fund Ireland is launching today to enable people to support their favourite charities online and help such organisations raise vital funds. In 2019 alone, PayPal processed a record $10.3 billion in charity donations across the globe, demonstrating the scale and appeal of online donations for both charities and consumers.
24 Jun 2020
- 81% believe supporting local economy is key to emerging from crisis
- 65% of Irish shoppers said cashless is important for them
- Some 1.9 million people do not want to use cash going forward
- More than two thirds of consumers are open to trying new contactless methods in stores
New research from PayPal, conducted by Ipsos and involving 2,000 consumers in Ireland, reveals that cashless will be crucial as Irish consumers look to support local businesses following the Covid-19 lockdown.
19 May 2020New In-App Feature Enables In-Person Payments in an era of Social Distancing
PayPal has today rolled out the ability to use QR Codes to buy and sell goods in Ireland and 27 other markets around the globe. From local takeaway coffee shops to selling secondhand goods - the rollout of the QR code functionality in the PayPal app allows customers to buy or sell in in-person, safely and securely, and touch free.
06 May 2020
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2020. The earnings release and related materials discussing these results can be found...
04 May 2020Supporting a global day of unity on the 5th of May 2020, as part of our continued response to the global pandemic
Extending its long-standing relationship with GivingTuesday.org, PayPal has today announced it is supporting #GivingTuesdayNow, a new global day of giving and unity as an emergency response to the...